- What Personal Information do we collect?
- “Personal Information” is information or an opinion, whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
- Personal Information collected may include (but is not limited to) the following:
- name, postal and email address;
- contact details including email address and telephone numbers (landline and mobile);
- payment details, such as your credit card details;
- GPS or other location data; and
- vehicle registration number plates.
- When and why we collect Personal Information
- We collect your Personal Information to allow us to conduct our business functions, to market and sell our products and services and for the specified purposes set out in paragraph 4.1.
- We may collect your Personal Information in the course of providing you with goods or services, or when you:
- visit our Website (see paragraph 3);
- buy our products or services;
- register for or use an account (including if you register for a trial of one of our products) on our Website;
- request information about us, our products or our services;
- provide feedback;
- fill in a form on our Website;
- in the course of providing you with goods or services;
- or your employer provide that information to us in the course of conducting or administering our relationship with you;
- submit a job application to us; or
- contact us by telephone, fax, email, post or in person.
- We may also collect Personal Information about you via third parties (ie other organisations or individuals), for example if an individual or business registers for a product or service on the Website and nominates you as an additional user.
- Where we engage with you multiple times over a short period in relation to the same matter, we may not provide you with a separate notice about privacy each time we engage with you.
- Information collected via our Website
- We will not collect any Personal Information about users of our Website except when they knowingly provide it or as otherwise described below.
- Personal information may be collected by us and by our third party service providers who assist us in operating the Website.
- We use Google Analytics to help analyse how you use our Website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies, which are stored on users’ computers. The information generated may be used to create reports about the use of our Website. Google will store this information. We will not (and will not allow any third party to) use Google Analytics to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our Website. We will not associate any data gathered from this Website with any personal information from any source as part of our use of Google Analytics.
- If you do not want your Website visit data reported by Google Analytics, you can install the Google Analytics opt-out browser add-on. For more details on installing and uninstalling the add-on, please visit the Google Analytics opt-out page at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Click Stream Data
- In common with many websites, when you read, browse or download information from our Website, we or our internet service provider may also collect information such as the date, time and duration of a visit, the pages accessed, the IP address of your computer, and any information downloaded. This information is used for statistical, reporting and website administration, maintenance and improvement purposes only and will not be used to identify you.
- Like many websites, our Website may use ‘cookies’ from time to time. Cookies are small text files that are transferred to a user’s computer hard drive by a website for the purpose of storing information about a user’s identity, browser type or website visiting patterns. Cookies may be used on our Website to monitor web traffic, for example the time of visit, pages visited and some system information about the type of computer being used. We use this information to enhance the content and services offered on our Website.
- Cookies are sometimes also used to collect information about what pages you visit and the type of software you are using. If you access our Website or click-through an email we send you, a cookie may be downloaded onto your computer’s hard drive.
- Cookies may also be used for other purposes on our Website but in each case none of the information collected can be used to personally identify you.
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is sent. Each browser is different, so check the “Help” menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
- Web beacons are images that originate from a third party site to track visitor activities. We use web beacons to track the visiting patterns of individuals accessing our Website.
Third party content (eg social media links)
- Some of the content on our Website includes applications made available by third parties, such as social media buttons or links that allow you to share content or links to our Website through the relevant third party platforms. These third party applications themselves may facilitate collection of information by those third parties, through your interaction with the applications and sometimes even if you do not interact directly with them. We are not responsible for the technical operation of these applications or the collection and use practices of the relevant third parties. Please visit the relevant third party websites to understand their privacy practices and options they may make available to you in relation to their collection of your Personal Information.
- How we use your Personal Information
- We use the Personal Information we collect about you for our business functions and activities, which may include the following:
- to communicate with you and provide you with information, products or services you have requested;
- assist customers by providing them with information and support;
- to manage and administer any account you may hold with us;
- to promote and market our products and services to you or provide you with information that we believe may be of interest to you;
- to personalise and customise your experiences on our Website;
- to allow us to provide advertising material to you regarding us, our clients, and other business partners; and
- share your Personal Information with our related entities, business partners and selected third parties.
- We reserve the right at all times to monitor, review, retain, and/or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, but we have no obligation to monitor the use of the Website or to retain the content of any user session.
- You consent to us using your Personal Information in the above ways.
- We may collect and use your Personal Information for other purposes not listed above. If we do so, we will make it known to you at the time we collect or use your Personal Information.
- We do not otherwise collect, use or disclose your Personal Information without your permission, unless the collection, use or disclosure is:
- required or authorised by law, including without limitation the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- To whom we disclose your Personal Information
- Austracker may disclose, or provide access to, your personal information to third parties in connection with the purposes described in paragraph 1. Depending on the nature of your engagement with us, we may disclose your Personal Information to our related entities and to third parties that provide products and services to us or through us.
- Austracker may also disclose to third parties, or provide third parties with access to, aggregated information that has been collected and compiled by Austracker. Unless we are acting in compliance with paragraph 5.1, such aggregated information will not enable such third parties to access your Personal Information.
- We may also disclose your Personal Information to our website host or software application providers in certain limited circumstances, for example when our Website experiences a technical problem or to ensure that it operates in an effective and secure manner.
- Some of your Personal Information may be transferred, stored, processed or used overseas by us or by third party service providers. This may happen if our related entities are overseas, if we outsource certain activities overseas or if transactions, information, services or products have an overseas connection. You consent to the collection, use, storage, and processing of your Personal Information outside of Australia.
- Overseas disclosures
- You consent to us using your Personal Information for sending you information, including promotional material, about us or our products and services, as well as the products and services of our related entities and third parties, now and in the future. You also consent to us sending you such information by means of direct mail, telemarketing, email, SMS and MMS messages.
- If you do not want to receive marketing information from us or if you want to stop receiving telemarketing, you can do so in any of the following ways:
- logging into your account on the Website and editing your email preferences; or
- contacting us using the contact details specified in paragraph 10.
- Accessing and updating your Personal Information
- You are entitled to access Personal Information that we hold about you. If you request access to your Personal Information, in ordinary circumstances we will give you full access to your Personal Information. However, there may be some legal or administrative reasons to deny access. If we refuse your request to access your Personal Information, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal where required by law.
- You can access and correct some of your Personal Information through the Website by logging into your account and updating or editing your profile at any time. Alternatively, a request for access can be made by contacting our Privacy Officer in any of the ways specified in paragraph 10.
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that any Personal Information we collect and use is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us in this, you need to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as requested, and properly update the information provided to us to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. Please contact us in any of the ways specified in paragraph 10 if you believe that the Personal Information is inaccurate or incomplete, and we will use all reasonable efforts to correct the information.
- Storage and security of Personal Information held by us
- We aim to keep your Personal Information secure. Any Personal Information that is collected via our Website or which is held on our computer systems is protected by safeguards including physical, technical (firewalls, SSL encryption etc) and procedural methods.
- If we find that we have no further need for your Personal Information we may remove it from our systems and destroy all record of it.
- If you:
- wish to make a complaint in relation to a breach of your privacy;
- would like to access your Personal Information held by us;
- would like to opt out of direct marketing; or
- would like to correct your Personal Information held by us,
please contact our Privacy Officer in any of the following ways:
- by phone on 1300 893 473; or
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our system will acknowledge and log the complaint and monitor the response to ensure appropriate resources and timeframes are provided for a prompt resolution. We will investigate your queries and complaints within a reasonable period of time of receiving the complaint and will notify you of the outcome of our investigation.
Last updated: March 2016